We have a new position available!
Job title: Community Development Superintendent
Employer: Gola Rainforest Conservation LG (GRCLG)
Reports to: TA Sustainable Livelihood and Head of Gola/ Chief TA
Purpose of job:
To implement the GRCLG REDD Benefit Sharing Agreement and provide leadership in all aspects of the community development and community based natural resource (CBNRM) programme in order to improve the livelihoods, welfare, capacity and education levels of the GRCLG stakeholder communities while engaging them as active partners to protect and conserve the forests and biodiversity of the Gola Rainforest National Park and surrounding community lands.
- To coordinate all Community Development work of GRCLG
- Together with TA Sustainable livelihood prepare/approve department annual work plans and budgets
- Line manage, motivate and appraise staff within the Livelihood Department
- Oversee that Livelihood Department activities are in line with the overall programme and organisation’s strategic and operational plans.
- Ensure adherence to the GRC.LG operating procedures.
- Support and mentor the activities related to the different components: Community development project, gender, sustainable agriculture, microfinance (VSLA), environmental education, ecotourism, coo-management and community forest.
- Contribute to writing of quarterly and annual reports and in preparation of funding requests.
- Will at times be on-call outside of regular working hours and may be required to respond to emergency situations at short notice
- Sierra Leonean
- Bachelor degree in Community Development or Socio Economics or relevant disciplines/fields
- At least 3 years work experience in related fields
- Organised and able to lead multidisciplinary teams
- Fluency in spoken & written English
- Fluent in use of computers and basic software, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in collating, analysing, and reporting on Project Data
- Able to communicate in Krio, and Mende
- Cultural sensitivity
We are seeking a dynamic, experienced and committed individual with a minimum of Bachelor degree, in Community Development or related fields from a creditable and high profile organisation for the above position with the Gola Rainforest Conservation LG.
The Gola Rainforest Conservation LG is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages women and members of the seven (7) chiefdoms surrounding the Gola Rainforest National Park to apply.
Candidates will be shortlisted according to their ability to meet the requirements of the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications must be directed to the Superintendent Administration and Human Resources, Gola Rainforest Conservation LG Office, 164 Dama Road, Kenema.
a covering letter with your application stating the reasons why you are
interested in the position and why you believe you are the best candidate for